In the period from febryary 2017 to may 2018 in manicipality of zelenikovo will be realized the project "establishing local tools in municipality of Zelenikovo without waste, through selecting, collecting and recycling of pet plastic waste from households.
The project is implemented by organization ORT in cooperation with Manicipality of Zelenikovo. The project is funded by Global Environment Facility (GEF) Small Grants Programme Macedonia (SGP), organization ORT and Manicipality of Zelenikovo.
This project has a total budget of 42.232 US$, from which 21.116 USД$ are provided by Global Environment Facility (GEF), while the rest is provided with the participation of organization ORT, Municipality of Zelenikovo and involved schools and public enterprises.
Specific objective of the project is: Reducing the quantities of POPs throught sustainable management of solid, plastic PET waste from household and packaging.
Main project activities:
1. Organize teams and work coordination with all stakeholders for selection of waste.
2. Organize a public campaign with educational and promotional material and lectures for school children for the harmfulness of waste and active waste separation.
3. Lectures for households for the harmfulness of waste and active waste separation.
4. Organized collecting and transport of PET packaging and paper by setting the apropriate infrastructure.
5. Manifestation with prizes to motivate children and adults to participate in the project.
6. Sale of waste and allocating money for development.
7. Strenghtening the capacity of public enterprise and schools for campagning and partnerships in green business. .